Astros' strikeouts set single-season record
The Astros have broken the major league record for strikeouts by batters in a season.
HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros have broken the major league record for strikeouts by batters in a season.
Arizona held the previous mark of 1,529 in 2010.
Houston's Chris Carter struck out three times in his first four plate appearances, raising his season total to 212. Only Mark Reynolds (223 in 2009) and Adam Dunn (222 last year) have struck out more.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos