Reds' Hamilton, Pirates' Cole make rosters
The Cincinnati Reds have included speed outfielder Billy Hamilton on their roster for Tuesday night's National League wild-card game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Hamilton has 13 steals in 14 attempts since being called up on Sept. 2, and he's stolen more bases than anyone else in the majors since his big league debut. He hit .368 in 13 games with the Reds after being called up from Triple-A Louisville in September.
Cole, the top pick in the 2011 MLB amateur draft, was arguably Pittsburgh's top starter down the stretch. The right-hander went 10-7 with a 3.22 ERA in 19 starts after being promoted to the majors in June. The 23-year-old is 4-0 with a 1.69 ERA since Sept. 1. He will only be used if starter Francisco Liriano struggles or is injured.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 11 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 11 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 11 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
2 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
11 min ago