Tigers' Peralta on roster for divison series
Jhonny Peralta is on the Detroit Tigers' roster for the AL division series against the Oakland Athletics.
Just over a week ago, the All-Star shortstop completed his 50-game suspension for ties to the Biogenesis clinic accused of distributing performance-enhancing drugs.
Peralta isn't in the starting lineup for Game 1 on Friday night in Oakland. The Tigers acquired shortstop Jose Iglesias from Boston before Peralta's suspension took effect.
Peralta played left field after returning from his suspension. He batted .303 with 11 home runs and 55 RBIs this season. Andy Dirks will start in left in the opener of the best-of-five series.
Tigers manager Jim Leyland said Thursday that he'll make out his lineups using "some statistical analysis, some gut feeling, a combination of those things."
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos