Source: A-Rod appeal halts as arbitrator busy
The proceedings for Alex Rodriguez's appeal of his 211-game suspension for alleged illegal PED use are on hold until the week of Oct. 14, and they likely won't resume until Oct. 15, according to a source involved in the hearing.
NEW YORK -- Because arbitrator Fredric Horowitz has other commitments, the proceedings for Alex Rodriguez's appeal of his 211-game suspension for alleged illegal performance-enhancing drug use in connection with baseball's Biogenesis investigation are on hold until the week of Oct. 14, and they likely won't resume until Oct. 15, according to a source involved in the hearing.
Rodriguez's attorneys were in the process of cross-examining Anthony Bosch, the former proprietor of the now-shuttered Miami-area anti-aging clinic, which is suspected by baseball of being a source of illegal PED use for some of its players, when time ran out Friday afternoon. That will pick up again when the closed-door hearing resumes next week.
Rodriguez ended last week with a flurry of litigation, filing a lawsuit on Thursday against Major League Baseball for tortious interference and a medical malpractice suit against Yankees team physician Chris Ahmad on Friday for allegedly misdiagnosing his hip injury last October. Sources with knowledge of the proceedings say another lawsuit could be forthcoming against the Yankees for allegedly "conspiring with Major League Baseball" to run the sport's leading active home run hitter out of the game.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos