Dodgers to start Greinke in Game 1 of NLCS
After pitching on three days' rest for the first time in his career, Los Angeles Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw will be getting a bit more rest before his next start.
Zack Greinke is expected to start Game 1 of the NLCS against the Cardinals on Friday with Kershaw set to go on regular rest in Game 2.
The team hopes the layoff between series will also benefit rookie pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu, who struggled in Game 3 of the NLDS against Atlanta, giving up four runs and six hits over three innings.
"I felt he was a little nervous the other day," manager Don Mattingly said. "He did some things that he doesn't usually do."
Ryu has said he isn't injured, but the left-hander's performance wasn't as solid as what he showed during the regular season.
"He claims he felt fine and he continues to say he had no type of injury," general manager Ned Colletti said. "Everybody can have a bad start from time to time."
The Dodgers will announce a new 25-man roster for the NLCS.
Mattingly said spots were still being discussed.
Andre Ethier was limited to pinch-hitting duty against the Braves, but if his left ankle has healed sufficiently, he could play the outfield. He did some hitting during the workout.
"I still have to sleep tonight to see if it responds tomorrow," Ethier said. "It feels good."
Hanley Ramirez got some rest for a bad back that has slowed him at shortstop, but not at the plate.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents 23 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 22 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt 29 min ago
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery 25 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 17 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 15 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
19 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire...
24 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos