Wedge among Cubs candidates, source says
The Cubs have interest in former Seattle Mariners manager Eric Wedge to fill the same position in Chicago, a source familiar with the situation confirmed.
MLB Network reported on the Cubs' interest earlier Friday.
Wedge, 45, left the Mariners earlier this month after three seasons and a 213-273 record.
He previously managed the Cleveland Indians from 2003-09, where he was named manager of the year in 2007.
Wedge joins a list of managerial candidates that includes A.J Hinch, Manny Acta, Rick Renteria and Dave Martinez.
Boston Red Sox bench coach Torey Lovullo reportedly is expected to be interviewed after the World Series as the list of candidates continues to grow.
Wedge suffered a mild stroke this past July, missing 28 games.
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 2 min ago
- Crews battle house fire in Wilmington 21 min ago
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg apartment complex 4 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 51 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 30 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
7 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
19 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
2 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos