Nationals' Strasburg, Harper have surgery
Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg has had bone chips removed from his surgically repaired right elbow.
The team said Bryce Harper and Adam LaRoche also had operations this week. Harper had the bursa in his left knee repaired after it had hampered him last season. LaRoche had his left, throwing elbow cleaned up.
Strasburg, who had Tommy John surgery on his elbow three years ago, missed most of the 2011 season recovering from it. He had his innings limited in 2012 by the Nationals. His surgery was done in Los Angeles, and Strasburg is expected to be ready in time for spring training.
LaRoche and Harper are also expected to be ready by spring.
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos