Peavy buys duck boat after Boston parade
Jake Peavy must have really enjoyed his ride in the Red Sox World Series parade.
The right-hander said on Twitter that he bought one of the duck boats that carried the team through the streets of Boston on Saturday to celebrate its championship.
Wow what a special day! Thank u all from the bottom of my heart! & yes the boat is now mine & hopefully in the family forever!#BostonStrong— Jake Peavy (@JakePeavy_44) November 2, 2013
The Red Sox later tweeted out a confirmation of the purchase from their Twitter account, along with a picture of Peavy in front of the green amphibious vehicle.
The half-boat, half-truck vehicles were originally designed for the military but later adapted to take quacking visitors on tours through Boston and onto the Charles River.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 52 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos