Peavy buys duck boat after Boston parade
Jake Peavy must have really enjoyed his ride in the Red Sox World Series parade.
The right-hander said on Twitter that he bought one of the duck boats that carried the team through the streets of Boston on Saturday to celebrate its championship.
Wow what a special day! Thank u all from the bottom of my heart! & yes the boat is now mine & hopefully in the family forever!#BostonStrong— Jake Peavy (@JakePeavy_44) November 2, 2013
The Red Sox later tweeted out a confirmation of the purchase from their Twitter account, along with a picture of Peavy in front of the green amphibious vehicle.
The half-boat, half-truck vehicles were originally designed for the military but later adapted to take quacking visitors on tours through Boston and onto the Charles River.
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 8 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos