C Pena agrees to two-year deal with Reds
Free agent catcher Brayan Pena and the Cincinnati Reds have agreed to a two-year contract, the team announced Friday.
The agreement will not be complete until Pena passes a physical, scheduled for Tuesday in Cincinnati. The financial details of the contract were not revealed, but the source said Pena will earn a minimum of $1.25 million in 2014.
Pena, who also played occasionally at first and third base in the majors, has a .258 career average with 18 homers and 120 RBIs in parts of nine seasons.
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 59 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 34 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 51 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 44 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos