Howard fined $25K for tossing ball in stands
Houston center Dwight Howard has been fined $25,000 for throwing the ball into the stands late in the Rockets' loss in Dallas.
DALLAS -- Houston center Dwight Howard has been fined $25,000 for throwing the ball into the stands late in the Rockets' loss in Dallas.
Howard tossed the ball into the seats while turning toward the court, drawing a technical foul with 2:54 remaining in the game Wednesday night. The NBA announced the fine Thursday.
The Rockets were ahead 116-111 at the time, and Dirk Nowitzki made the free throw to get Dallas within four.
The Mavericks, who trailed by 18 in the third quarter, later went on a 9-1 run to end the game and earn a 123-120 come-from-behind win.
Howard had a season-high 33 points and 11 rebounds.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 35 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 2 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 7 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 35 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
35 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
2 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
13 min ago
- Milder Monday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos