Howard fined $25K for tossing ball in stands
Houston center Dwight Howard has been fined $25,000 for throwing the ball into the stands late in the Rockets' loss in Dallas.
DALLAS -- Houston center Dwight Howard has been fined $25,000 for throwing the ball into the stands late in the Rockets' loss in Dallas.
Howard tossed the ball into the seats while turning toward the court, drawing a technical foul with 2:54 remaining in the game Wednesday night. The NBA announced the fine Thursday.
The Rockets were ahead 116-111 at the time, and Dirk Nowitzki made the free throw to get Dallas within four.
The Mavericks, who trailed by 18 in the third quarter, later went on a 9-1 run to end the game and earn a 123-120 come-from-behind win.
Howard had a season-high 33 points and 11 rebounds.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos