Half-court hero: Another OKC fan wins $20K
For the fifth time this calendar year, one of Oklahoma City's fans hit a half-court shot at halftime to win $20,000.
The Oklahoma City Thunder might want to consider starting some of their fans.
For the fifth time this calendar year, one of the team's fans hit a half-court shot at halftime to win $20,000.
Brad Brucker's mid-court heave on Thursday night came after another fan, Cameron Rodriguez, made good on his try Monday night. Two fans hit the shot in March and one connected during the playoffs in April.
The team says its fans went 90 games without a winner in 2008 and 2009. The odds of hitting a half-court shot are roughly 1 in 100, but Thursday night marked the eighth time in 230 total tries that a fan cashed in.
While promotions like these are normally insured, Thunder spokesman Dan Mahoney told ESPN.com that these shots are not. Instead, the sponsor, MidFirst Bank, has been paying out the prize.
"MidFirst views it as a wonderful promotion for the fans and our community," Mahoney said. "They have no plans to consider discontinuing it."
After Brucker hit his shot, the crowd roared and he even got a handshake from Jay Z, agent to Thunder forward Kevin Durant, who was sitting in the front row with his wife, Beyoncé.
Brucker said the experience "didn't feel real."
Durant joked after the game that "we might go broke after these guys, they're hitting every half-court shot." But he added it was fun watching fans hit those shots.
MidFirst Bank chairman and chief executive G. Jeffrey Records Jr. owns a piece of the Thunder.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 13 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 36 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 48 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos