Grizzlies' Gasol has knee sprain, out indefinitely
Memphis Grizzlies star center Marc Gasol has been diagnosed with a sprained knee and will be out indefinitely, the team announced Saturday.
An MRI revealed that Gasol, the NBA's reigning Defensive Player of the Year, has a Grade 2 sprain of the MCL in his left knee.
Gasol will not undergo surgery, the team announced. The All-Star suffered the injury in the second quarter of Friday's loss to the San Antonio Spurs.
Replays indicated there was little if any contact before Gasol grabbed his knee under the Spurs' basket. He went to the Memphis locker room and did not return.
Gasol was second on the Grizzlies in points, rebounding and assists entering the game.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos