D-Will likely returns Tuesday after absence
Brooklyn Nets point guard Deron Williams is likely to return Dec. 10 against the Boston Celtics, a team official confirmed Thursday night.
Williams has missed the last eight straight games due to a sprained left ankle -- 10 overall with the injury. The Nets are 2-8 without Williams in the lineup.
He originally hurt his ankle Nov. 15 in Phoenix, which caused him to miss two games. He returned Nov. 20 in Charlotte, aggravated the injury, and hasn't played since.
Williams, 28, had been averaging just 9.3 points and six assists per game. His Player Efficiency Rating of 13 is below the league average.
The Nets (5-14) lost for the 12th time in 14 games Thursday, getting routed by the rival New York Knicks 113-81.
Mike Mazzeo is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos