Pelicans' Evans (ankle) likely out 2 weeks
The New Orleans Pelicans say guard Tyreke Evans is expected to miss up to two weeks because of his left ankle injury.
The club says further evaluation Monday of Evans' injury has confirmed the initial diagnosis of a sprain.
Evans was hurt while trying to drive past Kevin Durant in the third quarter of last Friday night's loss to Oklahoma City. As Evans darted to his left, he landed on the outside of his left foot, rolling his ankle. He quickly crashed to the floor on the baseline and needed help getting to the locker room.
In 19 games this season, Evans is averaging 11.8 points, 4.4 rebounds, 3.6 assists, and 1.3 steals in 24.9 minutes per game.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos