Clips forward Barnes fined $25,000 by NBA
The NBA has fined Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes for failing to leave the court in a timely manner after he was ejected in the third quarter of Sunday's game against Minnesota.
The league announced the $25,000 penalty on Monday.
Barnes was thrown out with 56.8 seconds left in the period after he was whistled for a flagrant 2 foul against Kevin Love on a drive to the basket. The Clippers went on to a 120-116 overtime victory.
Late Monday night, Barnes reacted with dismay on Twitter to the league fine.
"I appreciate the @NBA reviewing that call & downgrading the flagrant 2 to a flagrant 1," he tweeted. "Clearly I shouldn't have been thrown out of the game last night, BUT since I WAS thrown out, I ask for an explanation on the call & I get fined 25k???"
Barnes' foul was downgraded to a flagrant 1 after it was reviewed by the league.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 33 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 19 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 25 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos