Clips forward Barnes fined $25,000 by NBA
The NBA has fined Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes for failing to leave the court in a timely manner after he was ejected in the third quarter of Sunday's game against Minnesota.
The league announced the $25,000 penalty on Monday.
Barnes was thrown out with 56.8 seconds left in the period after he was whistled for a flagrant 2 foul against Kevin Love on a drive to the basket. The Clippers went on to a 120-116 overtime victory.
Late Monday night, Barnes reacted with dismay on Twitter to the league fine.
"I appreciate the @NBA reviewing that call & downgrading the flagrant 2 to a flagrant 1," he tweeted. "Clearly I shouldn't have been thrown out of the game last night, BUT since I WAS thrown out, I ask for an explanation on the call & I get fined 25k???"
Barnes' foul was downgraded to a flagrant 1 after it was reviewed by the league.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 44 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 52 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
5 min ago
- Man mistaken for dead passes away
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos