Rose improving, still limited in rehab work
Chicago Bulls star point guard Derrick Rose is "doing fine," according to head coach Tom Thibodeau, but is still not ready to sit on the bench as he continues his rehab from right knee surgery.
DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls star point guard Derrick Rose is "doing fine," according to head coach Tom Thibodeau, but is still not ready to sit on the bench as he continues his rehab from right knee surgery.
"He's doing fine," Thibodeau said after Saturday morning's shootaround. "Doing fine -- coming along."
Rose, who tore the medial meniscus in his right knee on Nov. 22, has been seen around the Bulls' practice facility intermittently as he receives treatment.
Thibodeau said Rose is closer to sitting on the bench with the rest of his teammates, but not at that point yet.
"Yeah, probably in the next few weeks," Thibodeau said. "He's still ... he's on a crutch and he's got his brace, so I don't want him sitting there when he's like that."
Rose was ruled out for the season after his surgery but left the door open for a possible playoff return during his first remarks to reporters a few weeks ago. Despite his comments, few within the organization expect that to happen, especially given how much the Bulls have struggled to win games without him.
Rose hasn't been able to do much rehab work, but Thibodeau has been pleased at his recent progress.
"He can lift with his upper body and do all his rehab stuff," Thibodeau said. "He's starting to move around a little bit more now. He can go in the pool and things like that."
As for the rest of the injured Bulls, Joakim Noah (hip) went through all of shootaround and is expected to play Saturday night against the Dallas Mavericks. Luol Deng (Achilles) said he was still a little sore and was "most likely" out.
"It's better," Deng said. "It's better. Not all the way yet but it's better."
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 19 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 58 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 37 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
14 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos