LeBron (groin, ankle) sits against Blazers
Miami Heat forward LeBron James will miss Saturday's game against the Portland Trail Blazers after straining his right groin and aggravating a left-ankle sprain in Friday's loss to the Sacramento Kings.
Miami Heat forward LeBron James missed Saturday's 108-107 win over the Portland Trail Blazers after straining his right groin and aggravating a left ankle sprain in Friday's loss to the Sacramento Kings.
It was his first game missed this season.
James tweaked his ankle late in the second quarter when he landed on a referee's foot after missing a contested layup. He scored 19 of his game-high 33 points in the first half but struggled with his offense in the third quarter as the Kings gradually erased a 17-point deficit in the 108-103 overtime win.
James was visibly limping in the second half but said he never considered asking to come out of the game. He made three 3-pointers in overtime to keep Miami close until the final seconds. In the process, James passed Larry Bird and Gary Payton to move into 29th place on the NBA's all-time scoring list.
After playing 44 minutes, James said he wasn't certain when he strained his groin.
"If it's not one injury, it's the next one," said James, who finished with eight rebounds and eight assists along with the 33 points. "So hopefully I can get through this one."
It is the same problematic ankle James sprained in a Dec. 16 win against Utah. But James insisted after Friday's game that the ankle was not as much of an issue as the strained groin.
ESPN.com's Michael Wallace contributed to this report.
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 23 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
20 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos