Nuggets G Lawson suffers broken rib in loss
Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson has a broken rib and is considered doubtful for the team's game Monday night against the Indiana Pacers.
Lawson was injured in the Nuggets' 126-109 loss to the Detroit Pistons on Saturday night. Originally called a left lower-back strain, a postgame X-ray revealed the break.
"You could see it take the wind out of us when Ty came out of the game," Denver coach Brian Shaw said. "He's our floor leader and he's the one who controls the pace and the tempo of the game. He's also the best guy we have to stay in front of (Brandon) Jennings."
Lawson played 19 minutes Saturday night and finished with six points, seven assists and three rebounds.
In his fourth season, Lawson leads the Nuggets in points (18.3), assists (8.8) and steals (1.5) per game.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 18 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 55 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
55 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos