Rockets trade point guard Brooks to Nuggets
The Houston Rockets traded point guard Aaron Brooks to the Denver Nuggets for forward Jordan Hamilton in a swap of backups, sources told ESPN.com.
Because of his contract status, Brooks had to approve the trade. He will get increased playing time with the Nuggets as he heads into free agency.
Hamilton, a versatile wing scorer, was involved in trade talks with several teams, including the New York Knicks. He averaged 6.8 points and 3.4 rebounds in 38 games for the Nuggets. The 2011 first-round pick will be a free agent at the end of the season.
It was the seventh consecutive year the Rockets and general manager Daryl Morey have made a deal on trade deadline day.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos