Hornets say hurting Gordon is out indefinitely
The New Orleans Hornets say that Eric Gordon is out indefinitely with a knee injury.
"He's going to be out," coach Monty Williams said Wednesday morning, according to The (New Orleans) Times-Picayune. "The way I understand it, he's going to be out indefinitely until we get some more clarity on what's going on so I don't have to answer these questions every day and give you guys the update. We'll just go from there."
Gordon played only nine games last season because of a bruise to that knee, and he underwent arthroscopic surgery in February, but the Hornets still matched the Phoenix Suns' four-year, $58 million offer sheet this summer.
Gordon, who has averaged 18.2 points per game in four NBA seasons, began full contact workouts Sunday, but by Tuesday the team said he was still experiencing pain in the knee.
"He probably does feel pain; that would be the only reason why a guy can't play," Williams said, according to the newspaper. "For me to try to read an MRI . ... I'll find out more as we go forward. I try to not get into all that because that would just make me upset."
Rookie Austin Rivers will start at shooting guard in Gordon's place Wednesday against the Spurs.
The Hornets acquired Gordon before last season in the deal that sent All-Star point guard Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers. The Hornets were hoping for Gordon to form a nucleus with Rivers and 2012 No. 1 pick Anthony Davis as they look to bounce back from a 21-45 season.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 44 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 33 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 46 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 38 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos