White remains absent, at odds with Rockets
Houston rookie Royce White remains absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.HOUSTON -- Rockets rookie Royce White remains absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.
The 6-foot-8 White, the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft, made a deal with the team to travel by bus to some games this season, so he could confront his fear of flying and obsessive compulsive disorder over the long term. He flew with the team to its season opener in Detroit, then traveled by bus to games at Atlanta and Memphis.
White, who's yet to play in a game, did not attend Monday's game against Miami, Tuesday's practice or the shootaround in advance of Wednesday night's game with New Orleans. He says on his Twitter account that the Rockets have been "inconsistent" in helping him.
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 12 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
17 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
12 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos