White remains absent, at odds with Rockets
Houston rookie Royce White remains absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.HOUSTON -- Rockets rookie Royce White remains absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.
The 6-foot-8 White, the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft, made a deal with the team to travel by bus to some games this season, so he could confront his fear of flying and obsessive compulsive disorder over the long term. He flew with the team to its season opener in Detroit, then traveled by bus to games at Atlanta and Memphis.
White, who's yet to play in a game, did not attend Monday's game against Miami, Tuesday's practice or the shootaround in advance of Wednesday night's game with New Orleans. He says on his Twitter account that the Rockets have been "inconsistent" in helping him.
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 21 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Down At The Shore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos