White remains absent, at odds with Rockets
Houston rookie Royce White remains absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.HOUSTON -- Rockets rookie Royce White remains absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.
The 6-foot-8 White, the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft, made a deal with the team to travel by bus to some games this season, so he could confront his fear of flying and obsessive compulsive disorder over the long term. He flew with the team to its season opener in Detroit, then traveled by bus to games at Atlanta and Memphis.
White, who's yet to play in a game, did not attend Monday's game against Miami, Tuesday's practice or the shootaround in advance of Wednesday night's game with New Orleans. He says on his Twitter account that the Rockets have been "inconsistent" in helping him.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos