Z-Bo fined $25K for confrontation with Perkins
Memphis Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for confronting Oklahoma City's Kendrick Perkins following both their ejections in a game last week.
The fine was announced Monday by Stu Jackson, the league's executive vice president of basketball operations.
Randolph and Perkins were each ejected for an altercation with 2:05 remaining in the fourth quarter of Memphis' 107-97 win in Oklahoma City last Wednesday night. Perkins and Randolph confronted each other between Russell Westbrook's free throw attempts and were both tossed.
The two tried to approach each other while being restrained by teammates before finally heading out tunnels at opposite ends of Chesapeake Energy Arena. Randolph then talked to Perkins near the locker room, drawing the fine.
Randolph plans to hand out food baskets to 500 families in Memphis on Tuesday.
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos