Z-Bo fined $25K for confrontation with Perkins
Memphis Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for confronting Oklahoma City's Kendrick Perkins following both their ejections in a game last week.
The fine was announced Monday by Stu Jackson, the league's executive vice president of basketball operations.
Randolph and Perkins were each ejected for an altercation with 2:05 remaining in the fourth quarter of Memphis' 107-97 win in Oklahoma City last Wednesday night. Perkins and Randolph confronted each other between Russell Westbrook's free throw attempts and were both tossed.
The two tried to approach each other while being restrained by teammates before finally heading out tunnels at opposite ends of Chesapeake Energy Arena. Randolph then talked to Perkins near the locker room, drawing the fine.
Randolph plans to hand out food baskets to 500 families in Memphis on Tuesday.
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 59 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 43 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 34 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 31 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 24 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
35 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
34 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
31 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos