Jazz F Williams out with concussion symptoms
Starting forward Marvin Williams will not play for Utah against the Oklahoma City Thunder after being diagnosed with concussion symptoms.OKLAHOMA CITY -- Starting forward Marvin Williams will not play for Utah against the Oklahoma City Thunder after being diagnosed with concussion symptoms.
The Jazz say Williams is also doubtful to play Saturday at Houston. He did travel with the team to Oklahoma City, and coach Tyrone Corbin says Williams was able to get up and around Friday after spending all day Thursday laying down except for a trip to the doctor.
Corbin says Williams "has a headache but he's here." He says he agrees with the NBA's new policy on head injuries because "there's been so many studies of guys suffering from concussions later on."
The Jazz won't say whether Williams has been diagnosed with a concussion.
Williams averages 10.4 points and 3.8 rebounds. He started 14 of Utah's first 16 games.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ