Jazz F Williams out with concussion symptoms
Starting forward Marvin Williams will not play for Utah against the Oklahoma City Thunder after being diagnosed with concussion symptoms.OKLAHOMA CITY -- Starting forward Marvin Williams will not play for Utah against the Oklahoma City Thunder after being diagnosed with concussion symptoms.
The Jazz say Williams is also doubtful to play Saturday at Houston. He did travel with the team to Oklahoma City, and coach Tyrone Corbin says Williams was able to get up and around Friday after spending all day Thursday laying down except for a trip to the doctor.
Corbin says Williams "has a headache but he's here." He says he agrees with the NBA's new policy on head injuries because "there's been so many studies of guys suffering from concussions later on."
The Jazz won't say whether Williams has been diagnosed with a concussion.
Williams averages 10.4 points and 3.8 rebounds. He started 14 of Utah's first 16 games.
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos