Bobcats waive Higgins, son of prez; sign Adrien
Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins says the team has waived son Cory Higgins and signed forward Jeff Adrien.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins says the team has waived son Cory Higgins and signed forward Jeff Adrien.
Higgins was in his second season with the Bobcats. He had career averages of 3.7 points, 0.9 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 10.3 minutes in 44 games.
The 6-foot-7 Adrien joins the Bobcats from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA D-League, where he averaged 17.6 points on 56 percent shooting and 11.2 rebounds in five games.
Adrien attended the Bobcats' training camp this season. He has appeared in 31 career NBA games over two seasons for the Warriors and Rockets, averaging 2.5 points and 2.6 rebounds. He played in eight games with the Rockets last season, averaging 2.6 points and 2.8 rebounds.
Charlotte's roster stands at 14 players.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 52 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 25 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 50 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 51 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 8 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 7 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
48 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
47 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
52 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos