Mavs' Marion 'good to go,' will play vs. Celtics
Dallas Mavericks forward Shawn Marion declared himself ready to return after missing the previous two games with a strained groin.
Marion will play Wednesday night against the Boston Celtics as the Mavs try to extend their winning streak to a season-best four games. He expects to start at power forward with Dahntay Jones playing small forward.
"I'm feeling good. I'm ready to go," Marion, who is wearing compression pants to help with his injury, said after the morning shootaround. "I'm good to go."
Marion has averaged 9.6 points and 7.1 rebounds in 14 games this season, having missed five games because of a sprained MCL in his left knee.
With Dirk Nowitzki recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery, Marion is the only healthy player on the Mavs' roster who played a playoff minute during the team's 2011 title run.
Wednesday's game will be the first time the Mavs face Jason Terry, who starred as a sixth man on the title team, since he signed with Boston this past summer.
"We've got a bond for life together," Marion said. "It's going to be a little bit different playing against him, but it is what it is."
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore 42 min ago
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools 53 min ago
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila....
26 min ago
- Windy And Cool
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos