Sixers PG Holiday diagnosed with foot sprain
Philadelphia 76ers star point guard Jrue Holiday has a sprained left foot, the team announced Thursday.Philadelphia 76ers point guard Jrue Holiday has a sprained left foot, the team announced Thursday.
Holiday, 22, received an MRI on the arch of the foot, which revealed the sprain, and also underwent X-rays, which were negative. The star point guard will wear a walking boot and will be a game-time decision for Friday's road game against the Indiana Pacers.
Sixers coach Doug Collins said after practice Thursday that Evan Turner would serve as Philadelphia's primary point guard if Holiday, who will travel with the team to Indiana, is unable to play.
The 6-foot-4 Holiday is enjoying a breakout season, averaging career highs of 18.4 points and 8.9 assists over his first 22 games.
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 17 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 30 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Brisk And Cold
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos