Sixers PG Holiday diagnosed with foot sprain
Philadelphia 76ers star point guard Jrue Holiday has a sprained left foot, the team announced Thursday.Philadelphia 76ers point guard Jrue Holiday has a sprained left foot, the team announced Thursday.
Holiday, 22, received an MRI on the arch of the foot, which revealed the sprain, and also underwent X-rays, which were negative. The star point guard will wear a walking boot and will be a game-time decision for Friday's road game against the Indiana Pacers.
Sixers coach Doug Collins said after practice Thursday that Evan Turner would serve as Philadelphia's primary point guard if Holiday, who will travel with the team to Indiana, is unable to play.
The 6-foot-4 Holiday is enjoying a breakout season, averaging career highs of 18.4 points and 8.9 assists over his first 22 games.
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 35 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 20 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos