Struggling Cavaliers recall forward Samuels
The Cavaliers recalled forward Samardo Samuels from Canton of the NBA Development League.
CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers recalled forward Samardo Samuels from Canton of the NBA Development League.
Samuels averaged 20.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 37.5 minutes in two games with the Charge. Before being assigned to Canton, he played 18 games for the Cavs, averaging 3.2 points and 1.6 rebounds in 10.9 minutes per game. He made one start.
At 7-25, the struggling Cavs have the second-worst record in the Eastern Conference. They host Sacramento on Wednesday night.
It's not yet known when starting center Anderson Varejao will return to Cleveland's lineup. The NBA's leading rebounder has missed six straight games with a bruised right knee. The Cavs did not expect Varejao to be sidelined more than a couple games, but his injury has not healed as quickly as the team thought it would.
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 9 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 52 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 22 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos