Struggling Cavaliers recall forward Samuels
The Cavaliers recalled forward Samardo Samuels from Canton of the NBA Development League.
CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers recalled forward Samardo Samuels from Canton of the NBA Development League.
Samuels averaged 20.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 37.5 minutes in two games with the Charge. Before being assigned to Canton, he played 18 games for the Cavs, averaging 3.2 points and 1.6 rebounds in 10.9 minutes per game. He made one start.
At 7-25, the struggling Cavs have the second-worst record in the Eastern Conference. They host Sacramento on Wednesday night.
It's not yet known when starting center Anderson Varejao will return to Cleveland's lineup. The NBA's leading rebounder has missed six straight games with a bruised right knee. The Cavs did not expect Varejao to be sidelined more than a couple games, but his injury has not healed as quickly as the team thought it would.
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos