Knicks' Anthony (arm) may miss All-Star Game
Carmelo Anthony said a "deep" right arm contusion he suffered on Wednesday night may sideline him for Sunday's NBA All-Star Game.
NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony said a "deep" right arm contusion he suffered on Wednesday night may sideline him for Sunday's NBA All-Star Game.
Anthony said he felt numbness throughout the game and called the contusion "kind of deep."
If he feels discomfort leading up to Sunday evening's game, Anthony said he would sit out rather than risk further injury.
"I'm not going to force it, definitely not going to force it," Anthony said. "As bad as I would want to play in the All-Star Game, participate, if I can't go, I can't go. Nothing I can do about that."
According to a league source, the NBA has been given no indication that Anthony will need to withdraw from the game.
Anthony struggled with his shot throughout the Knicks' loss on Wednesday, their third in four games heading into the All-Star break.
Anthony missed 19-of-24 shots and had just 12 points. It was the third game this season in which he failed to score 20 points.
The injury affected Anthony's shot throughout the game.
"It was kind of like a dead arm out there," he said. "Just a matter of trying to get through it, trying to get some feeling back into it."
Anthony, a six-time All-Star, entered play Wednesday averaging 29 points per game, tied with Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant for the highest mark in the NBA.
Ian Begley is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 8 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 15 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
8 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
15 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos