Firm not releasing more information on Hunter
The law firm that assembled a report critical of NBA union head Billy Hunter's leadership said it won't publicly release further information about its research because the government is investigating the matter.NEW YORK -- The law firm that assembled a report critical of NBA union head Billy Hunter's leadership said it won't publicly release further information about its research because the government is investigating the matter.
The firm had hoped to release a supplement to the January report that said Hunter withheld knowledge that his contract was never properly approved, used poor judgment with his hiring practices and spent improperly on travel and gifts. The report by Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison found no evidence of illegal use of union funds.
Hunter was placed on indefinite leave and his future could be voted on by players at a meeting during the All-Star weekend that begins Friday in Houston.
The firm says it will still present information to the union membership in Houston.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos