Heat trade backup center Pittman to Grizzlies
The Miami Heat traded center Dexter Pittman and their 2013 second-round draft pick to the Memphis Grizzlies for the rights to center Ricky Sanchez, who is currently playing in Argentina.
The Miami Heat and Memphis Grizzlies completed a minor trade that helps both teams manage their rosters. The Heat sent raw center Dexter Pittman and their 2013 second-round draft pick to the Grizzlies for the rights to center Ricky Sanchez, who is currently playing in Argentina.
The trade clears a roster spot for the Heat as they look to add a player, preferably a big man, who is a free agent or who might become available via buyout before March 1. The Heat recently expressed interest in free-agent big man Kenyon Martin.
The Grizzlies had only 12 players on their roster and needed to add a player. They used a trade exception to absorb Pittman's salary.
Pittman has spent most of this season in the D-League. He played in just four games, averaging 1.5 points, with the Heat.
Sanchez will likely never play in the NBA. He was drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers in 2005, and his rights have been traded three times.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 6 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos