Ibaka fined $25K, not suspended for Griffin hit
Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for striking Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers in the groin area during Sunday's game.NEW YORK -- Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for striking Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers in the groin area during Sunday's game.
NBA executive vice president for basketball operations Stu Jackson announced the fine Tuesday. The league also upgraded the flagrant foul 1 Ibaka was given for hitting Griffin as the two battled for position in the paint to a flagrant foul 2, meaning Ibaka should have been ejected from the game.
The incident occurred with 1:52 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Thunder's 108-104 win over the Clippers at Staples Center on Sunday.
"I'm excited that he's playing tonight," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "He's a big part of what we do. I respect the league's decision and the review process they go through. I respect it and move on. It's nothing that we worry about. We just focus on tonight's game. That's all we worry about."
Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 29 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 45 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos