Suns' Gortat likely out for season after injury
Phoenix Suns center Marcin Gortat probably is out for the rest of the season after spraining his foot during Wednesday night's loss to Toronto.PHOENIX -- Phoenix Suns center Marcin Gortat probably is out for the rest of the season after spraining his foot during Wednesday night's loss to Toronto.
The Suns say an MRI revealed a midfoot sprain to his right foot. Gortat will be sidelined three to four weeks, much of that time in a cast.
That timetable would mean Gortat might be back for a handful of games. But with the need for conditioning and the Suns out of playoff contention there is little urgency for a quick return.
The Polish center is averaging 11.1 points and 8.5 rebounds. He has appeared in 182 consecutive games for Phoenix -- every game since he came to the Suns on Dec. 18, 2010.
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos