Lawyer: Jordan is child's dad, not woman's ex
A lawyer for a woman who says Michael Jordan fathered her teenage son is attacking the basketball hall of famer's allegation that her ex-husband has been established as boy's dad.ATLANTA -- A lawyer for a woman who says Michael Jordan fathered her teenage son is attacking the basketball Hall of Famer's allegation that her ex-husband has been established as the boy's dad.
Pamela Smith last month sued Jordan and asked that he take a paternity test and pay child support. Jordan has said he's not the father and filed a motion to have her lawsuit dismissed.
A lawyer for Jordan said in a court filing last week that Smith's divorce filings established her ex-husband as the teen's father. The response also accused Smith of trying to get child support from more than one person.
Smith's lawyer, Randy Kessler, says the ex-husband hasn't paid child support and hasn't been involved in the teen's life.
A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 52 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 20 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 20 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 20 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
20 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos