Mavs sit Marion as calf 'isn't getting any better'
Dallas Mavericks forward Shawn Marion has been ruled out of Thursday's game against the San Antonio Spurs and will be re-evaluated Friday morning by team doctor T.O. Souryal.
Marion has missed the previous three games because of a bruised left calf suffered during the Mavs' March 6 win over the Houston Rockets. The Mavs had considered Marion to be day to day, but the calf has not been recovering as well as anticipated.
"It isn't getting any better," said Marion, who is not expected to be available for Friday night's home game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. "It's still the same. It's still painful right now."
"It isn't getting any better," said Marion, who is not expected to be available for Friday night's home game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. "It's still the same. It's still painful right now."Marion, a 14-year veteran and one of two 2011 title contributors who remain on the Mavs' roster, averages 11.7 points and a team-high 7.9 rebounds per game. The Mavs have managed to go 7-3 in games Marion has missed this season, although only two of those victories have come against teams with winning records.
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 11 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 13 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 16 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 4 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 44 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos