Clips' Butler expected to return, start vs. Knicks
Los Angeles Clippers forward Caron Butler practiced Saturday for the second time since he suffered a left elbow strain last week and will start Sunday when the Clippers play the New York Knicks.
PLAYA VISTA, Calif. -- Los Angeles Clippers forward Caron Butler practiced Saturday for the second time since he suffered a left elbow strain last week and will start Sunday when the Clippers play the New York Knicks.
Butler was wearing a protective sleeve on his left elbow as he went through practice but didn't have any setbacks and went through the entire practice without restrictions.
"It's fine," Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said of Butler's injury. "He's got a sleeve on, it's not 100 percent but I expect him to be available tomorrow."
The Clippers, however, will be without Eric Bledsoe on Sunday. The point guard didn't practice Saturday and hasn't practiced or played with the team since March 7 due to a sore left calf. Del Negro didn't have a timetable for Bledsoe's return and the team continues to list him as day to day.
"He feels better," Del Negro said. "He hasn't practiced in a while but we'll get him back soon, hopefully. It was never getting better and it was only going to get worse so we're trying to be a little more proactive to get him as healthy as possible down the stretch."
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 51 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 47 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos