Clips' Butler expected to return, start vs. Knicks
Los Angeles Clippers forward Caron Butler practiced Saturday for the second time since he suffered a left elbow strain last week and will start Sunday when the Clippers play the New York Knicks.
PLAYA VISTA, Calif. -- Los Angeles Clippers forward Caron Butler practiced Saturday for the second time since he suffered a left elbow strain last week and will start Sunday when the Clippers play the New York Knicks.
Butler was wearing a protective sleeve on his left elbow as he went through practice but didn't have any setbacks and went through the entire practice without restrictions.
"It's fine," Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said of Butler's injury. "He's got a sleeve on, it's not 100 percent but I expect him to be available tomorrow."
The Clippers, however, will be without Eric Bledsoe on Sunday. The point guard didn't practice Saturday and hasn't practiced or played with the team since March 7 due to a sore left calf. Del Negro didn't have a timetable for Bledsoe's return and the team continues to list him as day to day.
"He feels better," Del Negro said. "He hasn't practiced in a while but we'll get him back soon, hopefully. It was never getting better and it was only going to get worse so we're trying to be a little more proactive to get him as healthy as possible down the stretch."
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 51 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Boy hospitalized after Mayfair near drowning 1 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 19 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos