Grizzlies' Gasol out indefinitely with injured abs
Grizzlies center Marc Gasol sat out Saturday's 110-106 win over the Celtics with an abdominal tear and will be out indefinitely.
Gasol had favored the abdominal injury for several games. He is averaging 14.3 points and 7.8 rebounds and a team-high 1.7 blocks.
"It's game to game," coach Lionel Hollins said, according to The (Memphis) Commercial Appeal. "I have [no] anticipation, I just know it's game to game."
Memphis forward Zach Randolph didn't start because of what Hollins called an internal matter.
Randolph leads the team with 11.6 rebounds per game. In the past, he has sat out the start of games for being late to practice or a shootaround. He entered the game near the midway point of the first quarter.
Gasol had favored the abdominal injury for several games. He is averaging 14.3 points and 7.8 rebounds.
The Grizzlies (47-22) are fifth in the West, six games behind the conference-leading San Antonio Spurs.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos