Grizzlies' Gasol out indefinitely with injured abs
Grizzlies center Marc Gasol sat out Saturday's 110-106 win over the Celtics with an abdominal tear and will be out indefinitely.
Gasol had favored the abdominal injury for several games. He is averaging 14.3 points and 7.8 rebounds and a team-high 1.7 blocks.
"It's game to game," coach Lionel Hollins said, according to The (Memphis) Commercial Appeal. "I have [no] anticipation, I just know it's game to game."
Memphis forward Zach Randolph didn't start because of what Hollins called an internal matter.
Randolph leads the team with 11.6 rebounds per game. In the past, he has sat out the start of games for being late to practice or a shootaround. He entered the game near the midway point of the first quarter.
Gasol had favored the abdominal injury for several games. He is averaging 14.3 points and 7.8 rebounds.
The Grizzlies (47-22) are fifth in the West, six games behind the conference-leading San Antonio Spurs.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 11 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 24 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 27 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 15 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 17 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
1 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
41 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos