Johnson sidelined for Nets with quad contusion
Brooklyn Nets shooting guard Joe Johnson missed Sunday night's game against the Phoenix Suns due to a right quadriceps contusion.
Keith Bogans started in Johnson's place.
Johnson suffered the injury while driving to the basket in the third quarter of Saturday night's loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. He went to the locker room briefly before returning and finishing the game.
Johnson is day to day, according to the New York Post.
Johnson had 10 points in the first quarter against the Clippers, but just five the rest of the way. He shot 6 for 18 from the field, including 0 for 7 from 3-point range.
The 31-year-old veteran, who also has been dealing with a lingering sore left heel, is averaging just 12.8 points on 40.4 percent shooting in his last 11 games. That injury caused Johnson to miss four games.
In 65 games this season, Johnson is averaging 16.4 points on 42.3 percent shooting in 37.2 minutes.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 32 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 37 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 48 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
43 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
1 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
32 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos