Clippers sign Wayns for remainder of season
The Los Angeles Clippers have signed guard Maalik Wayns for the rest of the season.
The Clippers announced the deal Friday for Wayns, an undrafted rookie from Villanova.
Wayns has appeared in three games for Los Angeles, averaging 3.7 points and 2.3 assists. The Clippers signed him from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the D-League on March 9.
He started the season with the Philadelphia 76ers, appearing in 21 games and never cracking their rotation.
Although the Clippers are one of the NBA's deepest teams, Los Angeles guard Chauncey Billups strained his groin during the Clippers' win at New Orleans on Wednesday. His return is uncertain heading into Friday's game at San Antonio.
- Chinese official: No proof to link debris to jet
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Residents given 2 days to vacate East Oak Lane apt.
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Woman, boy rescued from Olney house fire
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos