Spurs' Ginobili expected to miss 3-4 weeks
Spurs guard Manu Ginobili could miss the start of the playoffs because of a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him three to four weeks.
SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili could miss the start of the playoffs because of a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him three to four weeks.
The timetable released by the Spurs on Monday comes a day after Ginobili did not play in an 88-86 loss to the Miami Heat. The 35-year-old Ginobili injured his right hamstring in a victory over the Los Angeles Clippers last week.
The regular season ends April 17. San Antonio is 1.5 games ahead of Oklahoma City for the top seed in the Western Conference and may now have to protect that lead without its third-leading scorer. Ginobili is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists.
The Spurs recently went 6-2 without All-Star Tony Parker before the point guard returned from an ankle sprain.
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 47 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 50 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos