Pistons' Maxiell (eye surgery) out for season
Detroit Pistons forward Jason Maxiell will miss the rest of the season after surgery to repair a detached retina.TORONTO -- Detroit Pistons forward Jason Maxiell will miss the rest of the season after surgery to repair a detached retina.
Maxiell began complaining of blurry vision last week and didn't travel with the team for Sunday's loss at Chicago. He stayed home in Detroit to visit a specialist, who diagnosed the injury.
Detroit's first-round pick in the 2005 draft, Maxiell has spent his entire eight-year career with the Pistons and will be a free agent this summer. He averaged 6.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks this season.
The Pistons, who have lost three straight and 16 of 18, were also without guard Will Bynum (strained right hand) for Monday's game at Toronto.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 4 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos