44K season tickets wanted for Seattle team
The man who's trying to bring the NBA's Sacramento Kings to Seattle says fans have requested 44,000 season tickets in the event the team actually relocates.SEATTLE -- The man who's trying to bring the NBA's Sacramento Kings to Seattle says fans have requested 44,000 season tickets in the event the team actually relocates.
Hedge fund manager Chris Hansen had urged Seattle fans to join a "priority ticket waitlist" to show the NBA how strong support is for bringing professional men's basketball back to the city and calls the result "nothing short of stunning."
Seattle has been without an NBA franchise since the Sonics moved to Oklahoma City in 2008.
Hansen and Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer have agreed to buy a majority stake in the Kings from the Maloof family for $341 million, but the deal needs league approval.
Owners are meeting Wednesday to discuss the sale and a counter-offer to keep the Kings in Sacramento. A decision expected this month.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 35 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 43 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos