Zona freshman Jerrett declares for NBA draft
Grant Jerrett has declared himself eligible for the NBA after one season at Arizona.TUCSON, Ariz. -- Grant Jerrett has declared himself eligible for the NBA after one season at Arizona.
A 6-foot-10 freshman, Jerrett announced Wednesday that he is leaving the Wildcats to pursue his lifelong dream of playing professional basketball.
Part of a heralded recruiting class by coach Sean Miller, Jerrett averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 34 games, including two starts. He had a high of 15 points against Oral Roberts and snared 10 rebounds against UCLA.
Jerrett is the 15th Arizona player to declare early for the draft. Derrick Williams was the last Wildcats player to leave early in 2011.
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 9 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 25 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos