Zona freshman Jerrett declares for NBA draft
Grant Jerrett has declared himself eligible for the NBA after one season at Arizona.TUCSON, Ariz. -- Grant Jerrett has declared himself eligible for the NBA after one season at Arizona.
A 6-foot-10 freshman, Jerrett announced Wednesday that he is leaving the Wildcats to pursue his lifelong dream of playing professional basketball.
Part of a heralded recruiting class by coach Sean Miller, Jerrett averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 34 games, including two starts. He had a high of 15 points against Oral Roberts and snared 10 rebounds against UCLA.
Jerrett is the 15th Arizona player to declare early for the draft. Derrick Williams was the last Wildcats player to leave early in 2011.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 11 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 10 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 52 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos