NBA breaks ties to determine order for lottery
The Detroit Pistons won a tiebreaker with the Washington Wizards, giving them slightly better odds to finish with the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.
Both teams finished 29-53 this season. The Pistons will have 36 chances out of 1,000 heading into next month's lottery and Washington will have 35.
The NBA settled broke three other ties through random drawings Friday:
• Philadelphia (34-48) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
• Houston (45-37) won a tiebreaker with Chicago and the Lakers; the Lakers then won a tiebreaker with Chicago.
• The Clippers (56-26) won a tiebreaker with Memphis.
The Orlando Magic, with a league-worst 20-62 record, will have a 25 percent chance of winning the lottery.
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos