NBA breaks ties to determine order for lottery
The Detroit Pistons won a tiebreaker with the Washington Wizards, giving them slightly better odds to finish with the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.
Both teams finished 29-53 this season. The Pistons will have 36 chances out of 1,000 heading into next month's lottery and Washington will have 35.
The NBA settled broke three other ties through random drawings Friday:
• Philadelphia (34-48) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
• Houston (45-37) won a tiebreaker with Chicago and the Lakers; the Lakers then won a tiebreaker with Chicago.
• The Clippers (56-26) won a tiebreaker with Memphis.
The Orlando Magic, with a league-worst 20-62 record, will have a 25 percent chance of winning the lottery.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos