Nuggets' Faried to play Tuesday's Game 2
Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried said he will play in Game 2 of the Nuggets' first-round playoff series against the Warriors on Tuesday night after sitting out the last three games with an ankle injury.
DENVER -- Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried said he will play in Game 2 of the Nuggets' first-round playoff series against the Warriors on Tuesday night after sitting out the last three games with an ankle injury.
"You can't sit me out for too long. I get frustrated, I get mad," Faried said Sunday, before the Nuggets practiced. "I could've played [in Game 1 on Saturday] but they wanted me to sit out no matter how anxious or how exciting the game was for me. They wanted me to sit out and rest and be ready that much more for Tuesday."
The Nuggets were able to escape with a 97-95 win in Game 1 thanks to Andre Miller's heroics. The 37-year-old veteran scored 18 of his game-high 28 points in the fourth quarter, including the game-winning layup with 1.2 seconds remaining.
Still, the Nuggets could have used Faried, their energy guy and leading rebounder. Golden State outrebounded the Nuggets 55-45 on Saturday.
"Whoa, I didn't know that. That can't be happening," Faried said when told of the rebounding disparity. "This is playoff basketball. That can't happen. Every possession counts. They're that much more valuable in the playoffs. We need to secure the ball and just lock [the] ball up so we can start our break and have that fun and flair that we play with."
Faried averaged 11.5 points and 9.2 rebounds a game as the Nuggets' starting power forward this season.
Nuggets coach George Karl said Faried could have played in Game 1, but he had only planned to put him in the game for five or six minutes if the Nuggets got a comfortable lead. But that opportunity never presented itself as the teams were locked in a taut, back-and-forth battle all night.
"He's our hustle guy, he's our rebounder," Karl said. "He's the guy that always goes and is always there."
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 32 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 5 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 17 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 5 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos