Lin (bruised chest muscle) starts Game 3
Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin started in Game 3 against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Saturday night.
"He is up shooting and getting it loosened up, so he's going to give it a shot," coach Kevin McHale said before the game.
Lin suffered a bruised chest muscle in the first half of a 105-102 loss in Game 2 and didn't play in the second half.
He has sat out of practice since, but said Saturday morning that he was feeling much better and was hopeful he could play later in the evening.
The Thunder enter the game up 2-0 in the best-of-seven series, but learned Friday that they will be without All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook, who needs knee surgery.
Also on Saturday, Houston forward Greg Smith missed a shootaround because he was throwing up. McHale says Smith still wasn't feeling well Saturday night and that he hoped he'd be better for the game.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 25 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 27 min ago
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del. 18 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos