76ers acquire D-League team in Delaware
The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired a team to compete in the NBA's developmental league in Delaware.
PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired a team to compete in the NBA's developmental league in Delaware.
The franchise will be named the 87ers and will play its games at the University of Delaware campus. The move was announced Saturday.
The rights to the club were previous held by the Utah Flash, which went on a hiatus two years ago. Aaron Moszer was named team president. Moszer was most recently served as assistant vice president of sales/marketing for Ripken Baseball Inc.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 48 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos