76ers acquire D-League team in Delaware
The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired a team to compete in the NBA's developmental league in Delaware.
PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired a team to compete in the NBA's developmental league in Delaware.
The franchise will be named the 87ers and will play its games at the University of Delaware campus. The move was announced Saturday.
The rights to the club were previous held by the Utah Flash, which went on a hiatus two years ago. Aaron Moszer was named team president. Moszer was most recently served as assistant vice president of sales/marketing for Ripken Baseball Inc.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 9 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region 46 min ago
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- High winds cause damage across the region
46 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos