Hawks' Petro out of practice for child's birth
Atlanta Hawks center Johan Petro has missed practice to be with his wife for the birth of their child.
Petro returned to his home in Miami to with his wife, who is scheduled to deliver the child on Sunday. The team is hopeful the 7-footer will return to Atlanta in time for Game 4 of the playoff series against the Indiana Pacers on Monday night.
Petro made his first start of the playoffs in Game 3, part of a new, bigger lineup that carried the Hawks to a 90-69 victory. Indiana still leads the best-of-seven series 2-1.
If Petro doesn't return in time for the next game, the Hawks could start Ivan Johnson at center. But coach Larry Drew says he prefers bringing Johnson off the bench.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 3 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos