Gallinari undergoes surgery to repair meniscus
The Denver Nuggets say forward Danilo Gallinari underwent surgery to repair meniscus in his left knee and will later have another procedure to fix his ACL.DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets say forward Danilo Gallinari underwent surgery to repair meniscus in his left knee and will later have another procedure to fix his ACL.
The operation on his meniscus was performed Monday at the Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colo. He will go through rehabilitation on the knee before a date is scheduled to repair the ACL.
Gallinari was hurt on April 4 against Dallas when he planted his left leg awkwardly while going in for a layup. The knee buckled and he went down, screaming in pain.
The Nuggets have missed Gallinari in the playoffs against the Golden State Warriors. He averaged career-highs in points (16.2) and rebounds (5.2) this season. He also led the team with 135 3-pointers.
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 11 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 40 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos