Gallinari undergoes surgery to repair meniscus
The Denver Nuggets say forward Danilo Gallinari underwent surgery to repair meniscus in his left knee and will later have another procedure to fix his ACL.DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets say forward Danilo Gallinari underwent surgery to repair meniscus in his left knee and will later have another procedure to fix his ACL.
The operation on his meniscus was performed Monday at the Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colo. He will go through rehabilitation on the knee before a date is scheduled to repair the ACL.
Gallinari was hurt on April 4 against Dallas when he planted his left leg awkwardly while going in for a layup. The knee buckled and he went down, screaming in pain.
The Nuggets have missed Gallinari in the playoffs against the Golden State Warriors. He averaged career-highs in points (16.2) and rebounds (5.2) this season. He also led the team with 135 3-pointers.
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 56 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos