Harden has strep throat, expected to play
Houston Rockets star James Harden has been diagnosed with strep throat and is still expected to play Friday night in Game 6 against the Oklahoma City Thunder.HOUSTON -- Houston Rockets star James Harden has been diagnosed with strep throat and is still expected to play Friday night in Game 6 against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Harden had what the team called flu-like symptoms on Wednesday, but he scored 31 points with seven 3-pointers to lead the Rockets to a 107-100 win in Game 5. The team says Harden was treated by doctors for the condition Thursday afternoon.
The Rockets have cut the lead in the best-of-seven series to 3-2 and are trying to become the first team in NBA history to win after trailing 3-0.
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 27 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 4 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 52 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos