Griz assistant coach Hecker leaves team
Grizzlies assistant Barry Hecker has left the team during the Western Conference semifinals for what coach Lionel Hollins says is a "personal matter."
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis Grizzlies assistant Barry Hecker has left the team during the Western Conference semifinals for what coach Lionel Hollins says is a "personal matter."
Hollins said after the Monday morning shootaround that Hecker's departure is "nothing that's public consumption."
Hecker was with the Grizzlies for their Game 2 win in Oklahoma City. But he was not with the team in Memphis for Saturday night's 87-81 win that gave the Grizzlies a 2-1 lead. Team officials say only that Hecker is "no longer" with the Grizzlies.
Hecker had been on Hollins' staff in Memphis the past five seasons. Hecker also has worked as a scout, player personnel director and assistant coach for the Clippers and Cavaliers.
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos