Griz assistant coach Hecker leaves team
Grizzlies assistant Barry Hecker has left the team during the Western Conference semifinals for what coach Lionel Hollins says is a "personal matter."
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis Grizzlies assistant Barry Hecker has left the team during the Western Conference semifinals for what coach Lionel Hollins says is a "personal matter."
Hollins said after the Monday morning shootaround that Hecker's departure is "nothing that's public consumption."
Hecker was with the Grizzlies for their Game 2 win in Oklahoma City. But he was not with the team in Memphis for Saturday night's 87-81 win that gave the Grizzlies a 2-1 lead. Team officials say only that Hecker is "no longer" with the Grizzlies.
Hecker had been on Hollins' staff in Memphis the past five seasons. Hecker also has worked as a scout, player personnel director and assistant coach for the Clippers and Cavaliers.
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 9 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
6 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos